It’s Halloween and so, naturally, we thought of what cocktails would be good to make for the occasion. Kids have trick or treat, adults have cocktails. And we must admit our bottles and cans already look the part for halloween season so best make some drinks to match.
We couldn’t put together a halloween cocktail list without a zombie. A classic tiki drink that packs a punch. Easy to make too.
15ml Falernum liqueur
100ml Pineapple juice
25ml Lime juice
a dash Angostura bitters
- Put the rums, falernum, juices and bitters into a shaker along with ice and shake well.
- Pour into a glass with ice and then drizzle over the grenadine.
- Garnish with mint, cocktail cherries, orange or pineapple wedges.
CHOC OLD FASHIONED
Chocolate, sweets and candy are all part of the Halloween festivities so we’ve put together a rather grown up serve to enjoy while staying in the mood.
2 drops Angostura bitters
3 drops Chocolate bitters
- Put the ingredients over ice and stir. Top with shaved chocolate and orange peel.
PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE
Obviously. Tis the season for pumpkins to come out and play. Here’s a nice autumn warmer to enjoy this spooky season.
2 teaspoons pumpkin puree
Pinch ground ginger
Pinch ground nutmeg
Pinch ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- Put the pumpkin puree in a large heatproof glass or mug. Stir in the spices, espresso and rum.
- Heat your milk until it’s steaming and frothy and pour into the glass or mug. Stir to combine then top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
DARK ‘N STORMY
A classic and perfect for halloween. Seriously tasty and seriously easy to make. Can’t go wrong.
15ml Lime juice
- Add the rum and lime juice into a glass with ice.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wheel.
Halloween and punch is a pretty iconic duo. Ok this may not look too different from the zombie but they definitely are - and we couldn’t not have a punch. From big communal punch bowls to our delicious cans - hint hint - there are many types of punches. Here are two choices - one if you want to make a big boozy batch at home and one if you’d rather just have it ready-to-drink. This one will serve about five.
250ml Pineapple juice
200ml Orange juice
100ml Lime Juice
100ml Strawberry syrup / Grenadine
A pinch of nutmeg
- Put all the ingredients, except nutmeg, into a bowl or large pitcher and stir with plenty of ice.
- Once stirred, garnish with mint, cocktail cherries, orange or pineapple wedges - and a pinch of nutmeg.
Or you could just have our rum punch canned cocktails here.
There you have five great serves to bring in autumn in style. Enjoy!